Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Whole Self


Just like everyone, as 2013 came to an end, I started to think about what I wanted to accomplish in 2014.  But then I realized, it’s not just about what I want to accomplish…it’s what I want to feel and be proud of this time next year. 

This was all sparked by an article I read on CNN  in late December about "Making a New Kind of Resolution".  The final point of the article is to create a theme for the new year, not just goals.  That really resonated with how I was thinking about the new year.  So I started jotting down words and used a thesaurus to try to find the right phrase.  But then as I was looking back through my journal, and I found a drawing I did a few years back when I was very lost. 

It is a drawing based on my version of the different approaches to a balanced well-being.  These are the areas I personally felt I needed to have in balance in order to be happy and at peace (one note, for me spirituality is about inner peace and feeling connected to the world, not a specific religion).  Without realizing it, the kinds of things I was starting to write down as goals for the year represented each of these areas.  Areas I need to balance in order to be a happy as my "whole self".  And since one way I will achieve the goals I have set is to share them, I will share them now.  As I coach, if I want people to trust me, I figured I would start by trusting you, my readers, with some of my goals :)   So here we go…
  


Each month, I will share a blog post about my progress on one of these areas of the whole self.  Hopefully the posts and this concept will inspire you to find your theme for the new year that will make you feel happy, successful, fulfilled this time next year.  Here’s to a glorious…and amplified 2014!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment